As 2021 is nearing its end, influencer marketing experts already have predictions for 2022.Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world, we can all agree that influencer marketing has entered a terrain of curious and constant growth, presenting a wide range of opportunities for digital creators.
So what is to be expected in the upcoming year?
- Much investment will be made in business tools for creators, as influencers are being considered entrepreneurs. With the further advanced and improved creator tools, authentic content will attract a quality audience, while collaborations between creators and brands will extend to more extended periods.
- Authenticity will rise as brands start to give more freedom to the creators they work with, realizing that people demand genuine and not "pay to say" content.
- Influencer monetization will develop; new payment models will emerge as influencers convert product awareness into online sales.
- In-house creators will become more prominent as brands hire them to manage everything related to their business - email marketing, newsletters, social media channels, brand assets, etc.
- Brands will take a step further in inclusivity and annihilate anything exclusivity-related.
- Despite texts being the norm, 2022 will see audio and video formats becoming primary.
- About 1 billion people will identify as creators. TikTok is a great example here, as this platform's algorithm allows unknown users to grow overnight!
- Resulting from the pandemic, influencers and brands' interest and investment in health and fitness have increased, and it will continue growing throughout 2022.
- Micro-influencers will continue dominating the marketing, as they've been growing in popularity compared to mega/celeb influencers.
- Business marketing will rely more heavily on influencers. Influencer marketing is no longer an out-of-the-box approach. It is becoming the norm, a crucial part of any marketing strategy. Due to this shift, influencers will move from freelancers with a hobby to professionals with quality content.
We are excited to see what 2022 has in store for creators and influencer marketing!
YOU CAN ALSO READ